We aim to supply goods of the highest quality, carefully packed to reach you in perfect condition. Goods sold to you are non refundable. Should you be at all dissatisfied with their condition on arrival or they are found to be faulty, please let us know within 14 days. They should be returned to us and we will arrange an appropriate replacement or refund. We are only liable for the cost of the goods (plus carriage) as quoted on the website.
Orders for all products, except event tickets, bought from our website will incur a carriage charge of £2.99.
Prices include VAT where applicable. We reserve the right to revise any prices in the event of unforeseen circumstances or a change in the VAT rate.
We accept payment for online orders by Visa (including Visa Electron), Mastercard, Maestro (Switch) and Solo. Cards are debited when the order is first processed, in order to avoid issues where credit and debit cards may expire before the date of delivery and to keep administration costs to a minimum. Should any item become unavailable we will issue a full refund.
Orders are despatched promptly by post or parcel carrier but please allow seven to 10 days for delivery.
An order acknowledgement will be enclosed with your order. In the event of a query it helps us if you can quote your Account Number as given on the acknowledgement. Please contact us in one of the following ways (our office is open from 10.00 am to 12 noon Wednesdays and Saturdays):
Edinburgh EH12 7SX
To help keep the fabric of the building, all groups and individuals hiring the Dower House should abide by the following rules. These rules are not anticipated to be arduous tasks, but should help maintain the condition of the building for all users.
– All rooms should be left in the condition you would expect to find them.
– No smoking or e-cigs are allowed in ANY area of the building.
– On leaving the premises, all lights should be switched off and internal doors shut.
– Heater switches and controls should not be adjusted by anyone other than the caretaker or Executive Committee member.
– Groups that lock up themselves should set the alarm as per the caretaker’s instructions.
– All rubbish should be left in the bins provided.
– If the kitchen equipment (oven and hob) are required this must be requested at the time of booking.
– Due to health and safety, small children should not be allowed into the kitchen area at any time.
– All tables and worktop areas should be left clean and dry.
– All dishes should be washed using the dishwasher and returned to the cupboards. (Instructions on how to use the dishwasher can be found on the inside of the cupboard door that holds the plates and glasses.)
– Any breakages should be reported to the caretaker or the Executive Committee member.
Davis and Kilgour Rooms
– Both rooms should be left as they were found.
The Museum, Archive Room and Office
– These areas will be locked. Access can be arranged via the Archivist (see contact page).Failure to comply with these rules may affect any future bookings. Any discrepanices should be reported to either the caretaker or Executive Committee member.